I am no longer actively blogging here but I’d love if you could join me at my new creative lifestyle blog A Girl in Paradise.
I hope to see you soon.

Monday, March 12, 2012

Modern Folded Star Mini Quilt

Finally it is ready.  It seems like it took me forever to complete this.  It turned into this insanely long blog post with way too many pictures, so I decided to make it into a downloadable PDF.  It seemed much easier than of breaking it up into multiple blog posts.  
006b I used my Sugar Creek fabrics by Denyse Schmidt for this project.  I just love how it came out.  The diamond blue fabric stands out amongst the others and the star pattern radiates out from the center.  Very cool. 
 
Sugar Creek - Diamond Blue
Sugar Creek - Gingham Nut Meadow
Sugar Creek - Wavy Check Cornflower
Sugar Creek - Floral Meadow
Sugar Creek - Kitchsy Tile Cornflower
012
What can I say, I really enjoyed making quilt again.  It is really easy to put together and a welcomed break from the norm.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I did and I would love to hear any feed back you might have on this project.  Any pattern tester out there?  I would love a honest review and would be happy to feature here on my blog. 009
Also, I want to thank everybody for the great response I got from the original Modern Folded Star mini quilt I made for the Mini Quilt Challenge over at Amy Lou Who Sews last November. Pictured below.  Never in my wildest dreams did I think this quilt would get this much attention.  I am filled with joy that you like it so much and even happier that so many of you asked for this tutorial.  So here you go.  Click the link at the end of this post and enjoy.
059

You can download your free PDF pattern here.

You can also download a free PDF pattern via Craftsy here.


Subscribe to Updates - Like on Facebook - Follow on Twitter
 
 

 
 
 




35 comments:

  1. Wow!! Thank you Ann....don't when I'll get to it, but will certainly show you when I do...it's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY, thank you, thank you, thank you! I'm in a swap and wanted to make one of these!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo hoo! Thank you, Ann! I love your folded star and have been wanting to try it. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made one of these in the early eighties when I first was exploring quilting. I hadn't thought about the technique for a long time. Thanks for the great tutorial- perhaps I will make another one some day.
    Warmest regards,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That is beautiful! I have already downloaded and printed the PDF. Now, to find time to make it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you so much. this is a really cute idea, I'll be making one soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That came out great, thanks! Do you have any suggestions on how you could make it square? I have a similar pattern for a small folded star potholder and was curious if you could make it into a pillow top. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness - this looks fabulous! I shall have to have a look at your tutorial! Thanks for sharing!


    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - LOVE the colors, and your piecing is AMAZING!
    Found you through Craftomaniac - would love to have you come by for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is beautiful and so well done. Thanks for sharing with us. I'm glad I found your blog. I'm a new GFC follower. I would love if you stopped by and followed back. Hope to see you soon, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  11. What beautiful work, thanks for sharing the tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super impressive!!!! Thanks for sharing at Things I've Done Thursday. www.bearrabbitbear.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow that's GORGEOUS! Thanks for sharing your instructions, I'd really like to try this! Perfect for the sewing room wall!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is lovely! I am totally pinning this!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so pretty we are featuring it on the blog!

    Hugs,
    Lelanie

    ReplyDelete
  16. So pretty! Thanks for the free pattern!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. these are both gorgeous quilts! I love the detail!!
    Thanks so much for linking up! Glad I popped over to see!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super pretty! I love the folded star in traditional and kona styles!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I always admire people that can do this. I think there may be too much math for me but I love it.Thanks for sharing on BeColorful
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow-I'm really impressed with your talent-following you from finding fabulous-stop by for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I featured you today at Craftastic Monday - stop by & grab a Featured On button. Thanks for linking & can't wait to see what you link up next!

    ReplyDelete
  22. oh man, that looks like a lot of work. they look fabulous! i love the quilted fabric version in particular.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a pretty folder star quilt. I love the fabrics you choose! This would also look so pretty in a hoop that you see everywhere. thanks so much for the free pdf. Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration at Sunday's Best.

    ReplyDelete
  24. You have some amazing quilting skills! Thanks for sharing with us! Hope you will join us again tonight!

    Take care,

    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is just lovely, thank you for linking up to A Crafty Soiree. I've featured your project in this week's newest one.

    ReplyDelete
  26. WOW.. This is wordlessly amazing..
    thanks for linking up at friday fun party.
    Hani
    craftionary.net

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love it in solids. Can't wait to see what others come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  28. This design may have been around since the 70's but this is the first I have seen it. The solid colours make the folding more obvious. I think I will try to adapt this for a curtain for my side door.

    ReplyDelete
  29. thanx for sharing ... missed it before. gorgeous, both of them.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I cut out all the squares & laid it all out, then realized I don't know where I'm suppose to stitch. I can be such a dunerhead some times but am I suppose to stitch on the inside folds making the points & then fold the sides back over making the point, the inside triangle & do as just mentioned or just across the bottom raw edges of each point which would leave them a bit floppy?

    ReplyDelete
  31. That is just amazing. I absolutely love it! will have to try it one day. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thanks for the information, you can visit my blog here Vimax Asli

    ReplyDelete